At one point in my life, I used to think that expressing love and affection required grandeur gestures and lots of words. I’ve learned now that is pure bullshit. The little things can make a bigger impression than anything else could. This has been proven day after day for me. I’ve compiled a small list of the little things I experience everyday that make me feel like I’m on cloud 9.
- A kiss to the back of my hand while we watch tv or when we’re riding in the car. It’s so tender and its makes my heart speed up every time it happens
- The way he uses the words “nerd” and “weird” as terms of endearment. Thank you for accepting that I’m in no way, shape or form normal
- The lingering kiss he trails from my earlobe to my neck to my shoulder. I can’t even begin to explain the list things that short kiss does to me.
- The way he pushes his finger to my lips when my short attention span kicks in during a really important part of a tv show I’m supposed to be paying attention to. I promise I’m not doing that on purpose.
- The fact that he remembers my favorite beer or food item and randomly buys it for me without me asking.
- The way he smoothly slides his hand into mine when we’re walking side by side.
- When he knows that I’ll always want the bigger portion when we eat, whether its breakfast, lunch or dinner. I’m a proud, little glutton.
- The way his hands always find themselves in my hair, even when its an absolute mess.
- The way his eyes darken when he stares me straight in the eyes when he’s about to go in for a kiss. My breath always stops when his eyes catch mine.
- When he grabs my hands to crack my thumbs. I dont’ know why he does this but I absolutely love it.
- The fact that he’ll willingly rewatch his favorite tv shows just to experiece them with me.
- The way he’s not afraid to show that I’m his in public. Just a little kiss here, a simple ass grope there lol.
- The simple kiss to the forehead he nonchalantly gives me when I’m not expecting it. It’s so damn sweet that I can’t help the goofy grin that comes to my lips when he does it.
These are most of my favorite things he does for me. These are the reasons he’s on my mind 75% of the day (honestly I’m thinking of food the other 25% haha). He may not think I pay attention these little things he does but trust me I do, and they make me so happy.These moments are so special to me and make me feel like the most treasured person when I’m with him.