1. You can’t romanticize loneliness.
2. Or pain. Or hurt. Or heartbreak. There’s nothing romantic about binge eating a gallon of ice cream or crying yourself to sleep.
3. Some people will never think that you’re good enough for them. And there’s nothing you can do to change that. What you can do is move on and try to forget about them. But know that pretending not to care isn’t the same thing as letting it go.
4. Your life is not a John Green novel.
5. Nor is it an episode of Friday Night Lights, or Broad City, or Looking (but be grateful that it’s not an episode of Hannibal).
6. Don’t quote me on this, but every word that comes out of your mouth will not be memorable or endlessly quotable, destined to receive thousands of notes on Tumblr and be printed on tote bags…
View original post 633 more words